Thursday, January 15, 2009

Below Zero and the Furnace is Roaring


Isn't this a great pic? It is from my Facebook friends. A shot of sunset at the North Pole. The smaller glowing circle is the moon. That was just to get you in the mood.
I am so grateful for a warm home and lots of sweaters and snuggly blankets. The temperature has dipped below zero today -- even lower forecasted for tomorrow. But it's all good. After all, I am living in Maine and it is January.

I sent both Annie and Noah to school this morning with hats and gloves. This afternoon when they came home there was no evidence of gloves or hats on those warm bodies. I remember walking to high school in my mini-skirt (no pants allowed back then) and white canvas sneakers - no socks or stockings. By the time I got to school my knees were bright red from the cold. I suppose my feet were numb; I don't recall feeling them at all. Ahh, the vanities of youth!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL-the description of you walking to school brought back some memories, and told how old we both are! The year after I graduated high school, they allowed pants, so I remember well the having to wear dresses or skirts everyday! The photo is beautiful!

Robbie said...

Ariel, I would like to use one of your quotes in an art quilt I'm working on. It's from your pst of 11/16/2007 regarding nature and your muse. Could you email me. Thanks so much!